I was lucky enough to enter this world with my twin brother by side. Though sometimes he makes me mad, I love him with all my heart and I couldn’t imagine my life not being a twin. Here are five reasons why it’s better to be a twin than to be solo:

1. They’re your built-in best friend

Your twin is the person you’ve known the longest, and the person who has known you the longest. They were there from literally the very beginning. You’ll never have to be alone, especially if you don’t stray too far from each other.

2. Freaking your parents out with twin telepathy

Even if twin telepathy isn’t a real thing, it sure is fun to prank your parents to make them believe so. My brother’s and my favorite thing to do was secretly text each other while in the same room, and then finish random parts of the conversation out loud. Freaks them ooouuuttttt!

3. Twin fight club

Okay, so this isn’t actually a real thing. It’s something I’ve been trying to get started but it has yet to take off. But imagine how cool it would be. An exclusive club dedicated to twins fighting twins and the only way to gain membership is to be a twin.

4. You have someone to grow up with

Though no two babies are the same, it can be assumed that you’ll generally be hitting the same milestones at the same the time. Some things may differ, but big life events like prom, graduation, and leaving for college usually happen at the same time for both twins. Having someone go through the same things as you at the same time is nice because you always have that person to lean on.

5. Partner in crime

There’s nothing better than wreaking havoc except when you’re wreaking havoc with your twin. You can get into some serious mischief when you’ve got a permanent sidekick who is always on call. Double the trouble.

Three out of every 100 births in the United States are twins. I had a 97% chance of entering this world by myself, but I sure am glad that that 3% was in my favor. I couldn’t imagine not having my twin by my side through thick and thin. My entire life I’ve heard “You’re a twin? Birthdays must suck” from people who don’t have a twin. Nah, I’m lucky.

Featured Image Via Herbert Twins

Originally published on Unwritten